Eating Healthy… Paleo Style!

I’ve been eating the Paleo style for a couple months now, of course we all fall off the wagon every now and then, all have to get that small amount of cheat in to cure the cravings we are having, but have to try to focus and not go off course 100%. That’s what’s awesome about Paleo… its an 80/20 rule, 80% Paleo with the remaining 20% allocated to cheat foods (aka: unhealthy cravings). After switching over to this style of eating I personally have found I have more energy, feel refreshed throughout the day, have toned up in my percentage of body fat.

I had a client tell me the other day that she was going to splurge on mother’s day, planned on eating cake, pie, fried chicken… you name it, it was on her list. Now keep in mind she’s been eating paleo for about a month, not 100% strict but definitely following the 80/20 rule. She walked up to me yesterday before the wod and told me, “you’d be happy to know, we got sick, really sick, it was good but dang we felt bad afterwards!” This is a prime example after you cleanse your body, it becomes extremely difficult to fill it with junk and expect to still feel great! People these days fail to understand what they are putting in there body when they eat. You wouldn’t eat dirt off the ground cause its gross and has value to you, so why would you put something else in your mouth that does just the same?

Try and eat healthy, do a 24 day challenge of eating nothing but healthy foods… and just see how much better you feel afterwards, the physical rewards are awesome too!

Advertisements

Tags:

9 responses to “Eating Healthy… Paleo Style!”

  1. figurefinder says :

    Thanks for following my blog! I actually think I eat a Paleo diet, except I cannot give up peanut butter for the life of me. I didn’t know about the 80/20 rule. In that case, 20% of my diet is peanut butter haha, but otherwise it’s interesting for me to realize that what I eat to lean out my body fat and be healthy is essentially a paleo diet.

  2. jcarha says :

    I have yet to jump into paleo. My diet of choice is the Zone Diet. A buddy told me about it on one of our underways and as soon as I got home I went online and bought all the books. It seems like a good diet to follow to me, so I haven’t even really looked into paleo. But the way I see it, it’s better than not paying attention to what I’m eating and just shoveling junk food into my mouth like I used to do.

  3. wendymc12 says :

    I’m trying to learn what I can about the paleo diet. My daughter is getting into crossfit and would like to have a paleo diet. It would be great to see a post all about what a paleo diet is and isn’t and why someone should live that lifestyle.

  4. Julianna says :

    I’ve never heard of paleo, but will look it up. Wanted to say that I’ve been doing a plant-based, whole foods way of eating for a couple months now (and largely raw)…and last night had french fries and almost felt like I’d been drugged! I passed out at 7:30 putting my kids to bed, and was all whack when I woke up 30 minutes later. Reading this post reminded me that once we detox, we have very little tolerance of the junk. Wow, crazy! Okay, that’s all. Hope my blog continues to inspire you!

  5. Lauren @ WWoB says :

    love the paleo lifestyle! im inching closer and closer to it! love this blog.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: